One of the questions that we've been asked recently, is ‘How do I select the right tee?’ With so many options out there, it's not easy and can take quite some time to find the right tee. Much depends on what's important to you, for example, quality, budget or both? At the end of the day, you don't want to compromise too much.
We've put together 5 tips for selecting the perfect tee. We hope you find it useful.
1. Buying into brand names can make you feel good about what you are wearing, especially if the products have a story behind them (British made, Organic fabric, ethically sourced)
2. Choose nice handle fabrics. Cotton blends and viscose blends have a lovely soft handle and the fabric breathes. If you live in a hot climate or holidaying in a hotspot, this is particularly important. It washes up well and looks good.
3. Fit.......a slightly looser fitting tee is currently trending, the unisex tee offers an easy wear shape and slightly longer sleeves that can be worn down or rolled up.
4. Choose white tees for a crisp look. White t-shirts complement most outfits.
5. Black tees are another popular option but choose a minimal print design that stands out.
At the end of the day, just be selective with researching. Special garment washes can produce a lovely unique look, for example, garment dyeing gives a subtle vintage washed effect. Embroidery can look expensive and delicate. Some printing techniques can give metallic effects or subtle watercolour effects. Most importantly choose a style that reflects your personal touch.